Communities In Schools of Nevada is always looking for talented individuals that want to contribute and make a difference in our community. If you are interested in becoming a part of our team, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Position available: Director of the CIS Academy, Southern Nevada Affiliate;
• Provide effective leadership to the Academy Team by articulating and promoting high standards of service, ethics and professional conduct
• Provide effective conduits for regular communication with all Academy staff
• Build core relationships with CCSD administration, teachers, staff and instructors
• Provide ongoing training, support and troubleshooting to all Academy instructors and case mangers
• Actively participate in Campus Community Collaboration Team meetings at comprehensive high schools
• Facilitate the development of long-term growth strategies and operations plans specific to Academy; coordinate with Southern NV Affiliate management to integrate plans into the affiliate strategic plan and annual operations plan
• Communicate with the Northern Nevada affiliate and work with the state office to ensure calibration on all levels so that the Academy is in concert with the organization’s mission and model
• Continuously monitor Academy staff performance measures to ensure organizational goals are being met
• Co-supervise the work of Academy site coordinators/case managers by regularly visiting each project site, meeting with CIS personnel and directly observing work at site
• Participate as an active team member of the CIS Southern Nevada team, through attendance and active participation in meetings, trainings, professional development, fundraising activities, and other activities as required.
• Master’s Degree or equivalent job experience
• Nevada State Teaching License preferred
• Excellent writing, communication, persuasive presentation and interpersonal skills
• Experience writing curriculum
• Previous supervisory or management experience
• Ability to set goals, meet deadlines and evaluate results
• Ability to coach and motivate direct reports, manage relationships with various professionals in multiple locations with diverse needs and expectations
• Knowledge of data collection and proficiency tracking progress within the framework consistent with our programmatic requirements. Criminal background check required.
To apply for this position, please e-mail your resume, cover letter, and a list of three professional references with Director of CIS Academy in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Deadline to apply is April 25, 2013